Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Monday, December 12, 2011


Monday, December 12, 2011



Good Monday Morning!

I am reaching out from a new place in my house this morning. I've reorganized my entire living room/dining room/office area and now I have an office to go to each morning! I use to get a lot accomplished when I could sit and write and explore, so now that that part is completed...I'm on to doing a bit more constructively from a chair and not my bed! LOL I wish each of you a good morning and a fine day. Praise God for all of His goodness and honor him today in some way.



Yesterday, I watched Joel Osteen and paid close attention to him during his sermon about being appreciative to people who make a significant difference in your life just by having your back in some small way. I said that I was gonna start doing that right here. So today I honor one of the first persons in my life upon arrival in this world...Janie Willie Nicholson Jones....Grandma!

She took over my life when she was 62 years old, a baby of 9 months! What a sacrifice that was. I am now 62 years old and if anyone tries to give me a baby to take care of, I don't know what I would do to them or with the baby! She nurtured me over 17 years and instilled in me many of her values. They were not evident in the beginning of my life, but now having reached that age, I can appreciate and apply many of those values. Had it not been for her, I don't know where in this world I would be now. My job now is to make sure everyone knows who she was, in particular the family. To that end I have started a book of stories about her and our life together. Many of them are actual stories from my own childhood and some are from her childhood and things that she passed on to me.

Family, I know you think you've heard those stories, but you haven't heard the ones that only I lived. During this retirement period of my life I will be working hard each day to complete this book. I have not chosen a title for it as yet, tied between two titles, but I plan to complete it within in the next few months and get it out to you for your reading pleasure.

So today Grandma, you are the person that I want everyone to know how much I appreciate you having come into my life and made the difference that you did. R.I.P. Janie W. N. Jones....

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jelybyrd: I am so happy you are blogging. I hope it brings you as much joy as I have experienced writing my blog. Being creative is a wonderful way of honoring God! Bless you, Audrey. I'll see you soon. Peace, Love, and Joy, YaYa at www.myseatonthebeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete