Thursday, December 8, 2011
Good Morning.
Sitting here having my
morning brew and checking all of you out brings to mind one of my
yesterday experiences.
Had to go to SS Office, walk in take a number, sit down and wait to be called. The place was crowed like they were giving away something. As I sat listening to all the conversations and things going on around me I could hear a young woman talking (loud) to who I thought was her friend and using Ebonics and profanity to the hilt; I could hear what I thought was a middle aged woman talking on her phone behind me, it seemed that this was her time to reach out to all her friends and acquaintances. She was talking about a young woman at her church who had let Satan redirect her, seems she refused to do Praise & Worship on Sunday morning and had issues! There was a man up front a few rows who seemed to be mentally challenged and was talking too loud for the Security Guard who promised to promptly put him out if he didn't shut up. People came in and greeted what appeared to be there friends and this was the usual meeting place. The young woman got agitated that she had not been called and "all these people are coming in after me and being seen" (just the way the cue goes). The Praise & Worship woman actually started singing, out loud, at the prospect of the man up front being threatened with eviction from the room.
As I continued to sit there and wait my turn, I became painfully aware that the world is in a real mess. People are hurting and have very few places to turn for help. I wished that these stuffed shirt government officials could just spend one day in this office alone and walk a mile in these people's shoes before they consider cutting services that is the life line for some of these people.
It also made me painfully aware that God has been good to me and my family. I might not have everything that I want, and I may not be who I want to be, but I am blessed beyond measure and I am a long way along the journey. I will continue to give God the Praise and Honor and continue to pray for the recovery of our country, please join me. Matt 25:40 "to the least of these"!
Had to go to SS Office, walk in take a number, sit down and wait to be called. The place was crowed like they were giving away something. As I sat listening to all the conversations and things going on around me I could hear a young woman talking (loud) to who I thought was her friend and using Ebonics and profanity to the hilt; I could hear what I thought was a middle aged woman talking on her phone behind me, it seemed that this was her time to reach out to all her friends and acquaintances. She was talking about a young woman at her church who had let Satan redirect her, seems she refused to do Praise & Worship on Sunday morning and had issues! There was a man up front a few rows who seemed to be mentally challenged and was talking too loud for the Security Guard who promised to promptly put him out if he didn't shut up. People came in and greeted what appeared to be there friends and this was the usual meeting place. The young woman got agitated that she had not been called and "all these people are coming in after me and being seen" (just the way the cue goes). The Praise & Worship woman actually started singing, out loud, at the prospect of the man up front being threatened with eviction from the room.
As I continued to sit there and wait my turn, I became painfully aware that the world is in a real mess. People are hurting and have very few places to turn for help. I wished that these stuffed shirt government officials could just spend one day in this office alone and walk a mile in these people's shoes before they consider cutting services that is the life line for some of these people.
It also made me painfully aware that God has been good to me and my family. I might not have everything that I want, and I may not be who I want to be, but I am blessed beyond measure and I am a long way along the journey. I will continue to give God the Praise and Honor and continue to pray for the recovery of our country, please join me. Matt 25:40 "to the least of these"!
No comments:
Post a Comment