Merry CHRISTmas!
When I woke this morning I didn't know that I would end the day here on my blog page. At any rate, I was prompted to do today's blog by a post on two friends FB pages. The first was a good friend who was announcing that he would no longer be political and say "happy holidays" instead of Merry CHRISTmas. Because he is in the public eye it is frowned upon, he is standing his ground from now on and "will not be moved". As I was posting on his page about how proud of his decision I was, unknowingly another friend was sending me a prayer for the day. He often does this but today it moved me beyond words, actually to tears. His prayers are so beautiful and always so "on time", as if he knows that I really need the message at that time. I share them on FB because I feel there are many people who could use the prayers too.
It made me have a real moment of reflection. Usually I send out a CHRISTmas/New Year's message instead of CHRISTmas cards, so I thought now is the time. We all have reflections of some kind about this time of year. For me I have many, some happy and some exceedingly sad. Recently I've gone from being gainfully employed to being gainfully retired in just three weeks. I have not established a schedule of any kind and needless to say my thoughts are all over the place this year.
One thing that is not all over the place is my faith in God and in His power to keep everything in order. The day I was placed into 'retirement' I went to choir rehearsal that night and we rehearsed a song that says 'they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, shall renew their strength'. As we sang the song the Spirit came upon us and the moment shifted from rehearsal to praise and worship. The Spirit went from person to person like fire. I left rehearsal feeling so uplifted "Just Like Sunday Mornin" (title of CD by Rev Stef & Jubilation, recently released).
On the following Sunday my Pastor's text title was "Interruptions". He spoke about how God allows things to happen to us in order for us to move to the next level of our lives; it is part of His plan. If He brought us to the moment He would bring us through it. Yet another sign that things would be okay. Each Sunday since then Pastor Miller's sermon has been along the same lines, "Life out of Control", I Shall Not Be Moved". Maybe there is a connection and maybe I just want it to be a connection, however, I'm gonna trust and believe.
As you all know, I can talk a while and I think I can write down my thoughts in some orderly fashion and relay them in some intelligent way as well. Many times I feel the need to do just that and lately it is to give honor to God or relay some message from the pulpit or just something inspirational. I don't know why He has chosen me to do this, but for whatever reason I am going to obey.
There are so many people in need of an inspirational word or encouragement that I just feel like sharing is what I am suppose to do. I hope that you will come to this site and read my blogs whenever possible. Please feel free to tell others about it as well.
I want to now take the time to say Merry CHRISTmas to all of you in the old fashion and only way that I know. We must all remember that Jesus is the reason for the season and we should not take the path of others who choose to take the Christ out of CHRISTmas. Happy New Year is next on the blog page.
Merry CHRISTmas
and
Happy Birthday to Jesus!!
(Photo by Just Snapshots)
|
Well done,if more people would start following these principle the world would be a better place to live.
ReplyDelete