Friday, December 23, 2011
Miss Janie's Pew in Church
Hi Readers!
Sometimes my mind is so busy with so many thoughts. Some of them are day to day stuff, some are spiritual stuff. I will dedicate this page to those things..the spiritual stuff. You all know that I wear many different hats when it comes to things that I like to talk and write about, but I don't want the other stuff mixed up in the spiritual stuff...thus this page.
During this CHRISTmas time it has come to my attention that many, like myself, are struggling with some gladness, but some sadness as well about one thing or other. Mostly I guess about people who are not in our lives anymore and what to do with that space that they once occupied. We wish a thousand times that they could be with us once again for one more CHRISTmas or one more birthday, or one more dance, or one more something. I am beginning to learn that these people are not with us because it is God's plan for each of us that has removed them. He is the beginning and the end, and the same in our personal lives. He makes the beginnings and He makes the ends. When we can come to understand that and when our personal walk gets to a point that we know we are gonna live with Him in our "end", we get alright with loosing people who are close to us. For we know and understand that we are gonna see them again, not necessarily when, but we will, if we are true believers.
I have been talking to people who have lost loved ones during the holidays and are missing them greatly. One person just can't seem to get out of the slump even though it's been years. I will continue to encourage them as best I can. One just about dies when the date comes around, for months they mope around and have crying times. It is really very understandable for me too. I have my moments but above all that I try to cry and move on. I ask God to remove the sadness that I am feeling at the time and help me move forward without that person. It is not easy, by no stretch of the imagination, but it is possible to move forward.
We serve a living God; LIVING GOD! And when we understand that we too are left in the land of the 'living' we will be better for it. We say we believe in God, He is all powerful, all knowing, ALL, ALL, ALL? Well I say to you folks that are grieving for someone(s), let it go, get with the 'living' and the living God! You are left on this earth for a reason, look for it and live it, I promise things will get better. "What He's done for others (me), He'll do for you"!
(Photographs by Just Snapshots)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment